How to Book
- Contact our office to determine whether your preferred trip is available.
- Once we confirm availability for your chosen departure, proceed with arranging your air travel. Flight availability can be tight in peak season so book early to avoid disappointment.
(domestic / inter-island)
- The following non-refundable deposit, payable by International Money Transfer (IMT) or credit card (plus 4% surcharge fee), will secure your booking (no deposit required for day-tours):
Tour 2017 Vava置 3-Day Starter (VAV3S) NZD$500 per person Vava置 5-Day Discovery (VAV5D) NZD750 per person Vava置 8-Day Adventure (VAV8A) NZD750 per person Vava置 8-Day Classic (VAV8C) NZD$750 per person Vava置 10-Day Classic (VAV10C) NZD$750 per person Vava置 6-Day Superior (VAV6S) NZD$1,750 per person Ha誕pai 7-Day Eco-Resort (HPA7R) NZD$1,500 per person Ha誕pai 11-Day Classic (HPA11C) NZD$750 per person
- On receipt of your deposit you will be sent a trip application form, detailed itinerary, trip notes, reading references, clothing and personal equipment list, release of liability and acknowledgement of risk form, medical form, and an invoice for the balance plus any extras (e.g. single supplement, extra accommodation).
- All above mentioned forms are also available for download from this website.
- Balance of payment is due 60 days prior to trip departure. If the final balance is not received by the due date, we will consider your booking as cancelled and the normal cancellation fees will apply (see below).
These downloadable forms are all in PDF format. A free PDF viewer for your computer may be obtained by visiting the Adobe site.
To assist with email delivery please add email@example.com to your email and/or anti-spam software white lists. These are sometimes referred to as a 'safe senders list', but terminology may differ in your software so please refer to your manual or help facility.
We aim to respond to emails within two working days. If you do not receive an email within expected timeframes, please check your spam or 'junk mail' folder. If the email has been treated as 'junk mail' please 'mark the email as not junk' (again terminology may differ in your email package) and release the email from the folder. If the email is not in your spam or 'junk mail' folder, please contact us by telephone or via our online form, remembering to include a contact telephone number.
We understand the frustration that email delivery problems can cause and take this issue seriously. We can follow up specific issues with our internet and email service providers. You can help by white listing our email address and letting us know if you think there is a problem. Thanks!
Changes and Transfers
Requests for transferring a booking to another trip must be submitted in writing no later than 60 days prior to the original departure date, and are valid for a maximum of 12 months. A transfer fee of $100 applies plus the difference, where applicable, between trip costs. Trip transfer requests submitted within 60 days of the original departure are subject to our normal cancellation fees.
Cancellations and Refunds
Should it become necessary for you to cancel your adventure, please notify us in writing. Cancellation will take effect on the date that we receive your written advice. As we incur some trip costs well in advance of departure, and may have turned people away if the trip is full, the following cancellation fee schedule applies to multi-day tours and day-tours*:
- 60 days or more prior to departure: full refund less your non-refundable deposit;
- 31-59 days prior to departure: 50% refund;
- 0-30 days prior to departure: no refund;
- In the event that you fail to arrive in time for a trip departure or leave a trip early, no refund will be available.
* Deposit not applicable to day-tours.
Friendly Islands Kayak Company will not be liable for cancelling a trip due to inclement weather; acts of God (e.g. cyclone, earthquake, tsunami etc.); delayed land, sea or air transfers; political or cultural considerations; government restrictions; or any other cause beyond our control, other than insufficient participant numbers. In which event(s) no refund will be available.
Minimum Group Size
Our minimum group size is four participants for all Ha'apai trips and the Vava'u 10-Day Superior trip and two participants for all other Vava'u trips. In the unlikely event that Friendly Islands Kayak Company has to cancel a trip due to insufficient numbers, we would give you as much notice as possible. In which case, you would have the option of either joining another departure with the same trip components or receiving a refund in full.
Itinerary Changes and Delays
It is possible that route or itinerary changes and/or delays may become necessary for reasons of safety or enhancing the quality of the trip. These changes and/or delays could be due to inclement weather, acts of God, delayed land, sea or air transfers, political or cultural considerations, government restrictions, participants' limitations, unavailability of contracted services or any other cause. In the event that a scheduled activity is cancelled for any reason Friendly Islands Kayak Company will, where possible, arrange an alternative activity. Any changes and/or delays to the route or trip itinerary are at the discretion of the guides and Friendly Islands Kayak Company. In which event no refund will be available. The trip participant shall bear any expenses such as prepaid airline tickets and visa fees or additional accommodation, transport and meals or any other expenses in connection with changes and/or delays of a scheduled aircraft or of the trip route or itinerary.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the trip cost and is a pre-requisite for trip participation. We recommend you purchase a policy that includes airfare, trip cancellation (in particular cancellation owing to severe weather), and medical coverage.
Single Supplement Fee
A single supplement (S/S) fee will apply to single participants if they prefer a private room or if we are unable to pair them with another participant. These fees are shown on the tour detail pages.
We reserve the right to amend our trip costs to allow for significant fluctuations in exchange rates or significant increases in accommodation, airport transfer, food charges or any other ground costs beyond our control. However, once we receive a trip deposit, the trip cost will not alter.
- Air fares
- Visa and passport fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Airport departure taxes
- Excess baggage charges
- Airport transfers not included in the itinerary
- Accommodation not included in the itinerary
- Single supplement fee
- Beverages and meals not included in the itinerary
- Clothing, liquor, laundry, postage, medical expenses and any other expenses of a personal nature
- Expenses incurred as a result of delays due to inclement weather, delays of scheduled aircraft, logistical delays, and resultant changes to the itinerary
- Emergency evacuation charges
- Gratuities to guides